CONVERSION ACCORDING TO THE
So what does it really mean to be "converted?" So often times there is confusion about what it means to be "converted". We could ask many people, even theologians, and we would get many answers. Does this mean that the Bible, that God, is unclear about how to be converted? I think not. If we turn to the Bible I believe the answer is quite clear.
Commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ involves much more than acknowledging Jesus came to save you from your sins. You must truly commit yourself to Him, and to his service. Please take just a moment to read the following points, and then look up the scriptures in the Bible.
Forgiveness or salvation from sin is
· Provided by God's grace -- Rom.5:1,2; Acts 15:11; Eph.2:8-10
· Purchased by the death of Jesus -- Eph.1:7; Rev.1:5; 1 Pet.1:18,19; 2:24; 3:18
· Offered to all men everywhere -- Tit.2:11,12 Heb.2:9; 1 1 Tim.2:6
One must believe
· God and Jesus exist --Heb.11:6; Rom.4:19-21;
· Jesus is God's Son -- John 8:24; 20:30-31; Rom.10:9-10
· Bible is God's word -- Mk.1:15; Rom.1:16; 2 Thess. 2:12f;
One must repent
· Acts 17:30; 2:38; 3:19; Lk.13:3
· Repentance is a change of mind in which one determines to cease sin & obey whatever God says -- Matt.21:28-32
One must confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God
· Rom.10:9-10; 1 Tim.6:12,13; Acts 8:37; Matt.10:32.
One must be baptized (immersed in water) to be forgiven of sins
· One must be old enough to hear (Acts 11:14; John 6:44-45) believe
(Mk.16:16; Gal.3:26,27), repent (Acts 2:38), and confess (Rom.10:9,10).
· Men and women - Acts 8:12 . Infants are not accountable - Ezek.18:20; Matt. 18:3.
· Baptism requires a burial - Rom.6:4; Col.2:12. Much water- John 3:23
· (cf. Heb.10:22) Going down into and coming up out of water Mk.1:9-10;
· Acts 8:36-39
· Purpose - Baptism is essential to obtain the following results:
· To be in Christ - Eph 1:3, Gal.3:27; Rom.6:3,
· To enter the Church - 1 Cor.12:13,
· To receive the blessings of Jesus' death Rom.6:3,
· To have sins washed away or forgiven - Acts 2:38; 22:16,
· To receive salvation from sin - Mk.16:16; 1 Pet.3:21.
No practices or conditions other than those in God's word are
· Gal.1:8-9; 2 John 9; Matt. 7:21-23; Matt. 15:9; Col.3:17
HAVE YOU BEEN TRULY CONVERTED?
Visit with Us:
Phone: (562) 420-2363
español: (562) 377-1674
3433 Studebaker Road
Long Beach, California 90808 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org español
Return to Top